We consider applications on their individual merits and circumstances. However, as a guide, the elements we consider when assessing the suitability of an applicant are:
• A Bachelors Degree or an equivalent qualification normally at second class honours or above - or equivalent international academic qualification.
• A minimum of two years’ relevant managerial or professional work experience since undergraduate graduation. Managerial experience means having responsibility for people and / or functions and / or relevant technical expertise.
• Candidates without an undergraduate honours degree must demonstrate significant managerial experience and may be required to submit a GMAT test result of 550 or higher. A full description of your experience is essential to show clearly your successful career path and the contribution you can make to the MBA programme.
• At least two years' experience working in the maritime industry or related sector.
• Fluency in spoken and written English is a requirement for entry to the programme and evidence may need to be provided. Where English is a second language you will be required to demonstrate a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 or a TOEFL score of 575 or have successfully completed an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification at a recognised institution where the medium of tuition and assessment was entirely in English (proof must be provided).
For full information on the admission requirements for the MBA in Shipping and Logistics please see the Application Guide by clicking here.
The MBA in Shipping and Logistics is aimed at those aspiring to the pinnacle of executive management, with the current profile including:
To apply please download the excel application form by clicking here.
This is a Middlesex University programme and qualification, jointly developed, delivered and assessed by Middlesex and Lloyd's Maritime Academy, and quality assured by Middlesex University.
"I decided to embark on this journey towards an MBA because I have been involved in humanitarian logistics for decades and wanted to solidify my knowledge and build on my existing skills base. I already held a post-graduate degree in generic business studies but was always interested in learning more about logistics and supply chain management, specifically within the maritime sector. When working for an international organisation in the field, the options are somewhat limited and the MBA programme offered by Middlesex was ideally suited to my circumstances. It turned out to be a very rewarding experience and I gained valuable knowledge and insights, especially in maritime economics, strategic thinking, organisational performance, product marketing, risk management, project management and research into contemporary supply chain management concepts. This was further enhanced by interaction with like-minded students from different industries and business sectors. The tutors were very knowledgeable, responsive and practice-oriented; the learning material was interesting, current and related to the subjects I was most interested in. I have already seen tangible benefits by being able to apply some of the newly acquired skills and theories, in particular relating to supply chain management strategy, in my daily work."
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy is part of the Knowledge & Networking Division of Informa PLC
This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC’s registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 3099067.