We consider applications on their individual merits and circumstances. However, as a guide, the elements we consider when assessing the suitability of an applicant are:
• A Bachelors Degree or an equivalent qualification normally at second class honours or above - or equivalent international academic qualification.
• A minimum of two years’ relevant managerial or professional work experience since undergraduate graduation. Managerial experience means having responsibility for people and / or functions and / or relevant technical expertise.
• Candidates without an undergraduate honours degree must demonstrate significant managerial experience and may be required to submit a GMAT test result of 550 or higher. A full description of your experience is essential to show clearly your successful career path and the contribution you can make to the MBA programme.
• At least two years' experience working in the maritime industry or related sector.
• Fluency in spoken and written English is a requirement for entry to the programme and evidence may need to be provided. Where English is a second language you will be required to demonstrate a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 or a TOEFL score of 575 or have successfully completed an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification at a recognised institution where the medium of tuition and assessment was entirely in English (proof must be provided).
For full information on the admission requirements for the MBA in Shipping and Logistics please see the Application Guide by clicking here.
The MBA in Shipping and Logistics is aimed at those aspiring to the pinnacle of executive management, with the current profile including:
To apply please download the excel application form by clicking here.
This is a Middlesex University programme and qualification, jointly developed, delivered and assessed by Middlesex and Lloyd's Maritime Academy, and quality assured by Middlesex University.
"I have found this MBA to be challenging and brain racking. This is the first full time course which I’m doing while engaged in full time work and I have found it to be very hands-on. My work as an operations executive in a shipping company is very hectic and on top of it I had the weekly MBA activities which to speak the truth I was not able to give complete justice in terms of the quality of work. Overall the study materials and the activities involved were of challenging standard. The modules involved such as marketing, leadership and business strategies made me understand the overall nutshell of business management. Being a man of shipping the first module of shipping and shipping law was very interesting and improved and solidified my shipping knowledge. The various discussion modules and the interaction with tutors were good platforms for sharing our individual views and opinion and for clarification of my many doubts and getting expert opinion on the topics from well experienced tutors. I have enjoyed being part of this MBA program from Middlesex University."